Friday, November 16, 2012

Long Time, No See!

Its fairly obvious that I haven't been blogging much (or at all) lately. To make a long story short: I'm lazy. Creating a blog post takes a lot of time and effort and my head just hasn't been in it lately because I've been doing actual school work. I know, I know, its crazy! Sometimes I forget that I'm here to go to school and not just romp around London. 
The main highlights of the past few week are as follows:

Kensington Gardens and Palace
(Where Will and Kate live!)

This is a statue of a nice naked man who Lauren said looks like is doing the "Dougie" 
(I'm still not really sure what that means)

The public entrance to the Palace. We were unable to locate the residential area, but I'm sure its hidden from the public.

Is that a palm tree in England?
Why, yes, it is.

Tower of London
Probably one of my favorite visits so far. I am obsessed with the Tudors, and Anne Bolyen in particular, so getting to see the place where she was imprisoned and beheaded was insane. There is so much history in this place and it serves more functions than I thought! Somewhere around 150 men and their families live there full time. Can you imagine growing up INSIDE the Tower of London? I would probably die of excitement.

We went on Halloween and there was a gun salute going on that we were able to catch the tail end of. I am not sure why they were going a salute that particular day, but it would have to be an important event! You can read about them here

The cannon

The Tower entrance!

An iron polar bear because the Tower used to be a zoo!
(Please note the chains on his hind leg)

A lovely building.

Musicians!

Coolest instrument ever.

We saw the Crown Jewels. They are even more magnificent that I was expecting. I can only imagine how much they are worth!

The Royal residence inside the Tower walls.

I seem to have forgotten whose desk this was, but he was able to have it while imprisoned in the tower so that he could continue his work. Quite the luxury, if you ask me.

Alas, that is really all that I have done that is of any note. My days are mostly filled with class, reading, and netflix, which really keeps me busy. This weekend brings a trip to Cambridge and a visit to the Old Spitalfield markets so expect a post or two about those! (if the lazy doesn't catch up to me again).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment