Sunday, September 16, 2012

A view, a juggler, and a Margherita Pizza

My first complete day in London could not have been more of a success! Shall we start off today's recounting of events with some pictures?

 Here we have a lovely view of the park, which, as it turns out, is in fact Regent's Park
(Click to make bigger!)

 Here, to the left of the park, is a nice shot of the city. I'm not sure what the tall building in the middle is, but here is a close up of it. . . 

 Ta da! When I find out what it is, you shall be the first to know

Here is a close up of some lovely trees. I plan on going into the park tomorrow before the festivities begin, so expect to see more pictures of some of London's finest greenery.

Alas, those are all of the pictures I have taken as of yet. My excuse is that yesterday and today have been more businessy type days, tomorrow I don't have anything until 1 p.m (or should I say 13:00?) so I hope to get out to that park. I heard lions, and tigers, and bears live there. Oh, my!

Today was fun. We had a little orientation, talked about culture shock (I'm in currently in the initial "Euphoria" stage, so watch out for stage two, which includes loathing and anxiety/depression. Looking forward to it!), and took a walk about Covent Garden. While in Covent Garden, my new pal Lauren and I saw a man juggle some stuff, throw some yoyo type things around on a string, and try to climb on an 8-foot tall unicycle. 

After the nice man, who's name is Jim, which I found fitting (I'm looking at you, pops!), we had a traditional Sunday roast. There was a slice of beef, (grilled?) potatoes that were perfectly crispy, with carrots and peas, and the piece de resistance: Yorkshire Pudding! It's like a crispy buiscut that is only served with beef. It had gravy pooled within the middle and was quite tasty. (Google it to have a look!)

Then Lauren and I did some more walking around and ended up in Primark, which is hell on earth. Perhaps on a weekday morning this wouldn't be a problem, but in the middle of a Sunday afternoon the place was crowded to the point of discomfort. We found some cheap hangers and pillows, which topped off the requirements for my dorm. Once I clean the place up, expect some pictures (which, according to my parents, may never happen).

A quick trip to Pizza Express for dinner leads me to my current point in time. This is perhaps the best pizza I have ever eaten, as is enforced by the grease stains all over my keys (Note to self: eating and typing do not go hand in hand). The name Pizza Express is very misleading. I was expecting a quick take away place, a la Panda Express, but the opposite is quite true: it is a quaint little shop on the corner that has table cloths, real napkins, and wine glasses on the table. I forse quite a few pizzas in my near future.

Me and (what's left of) my beloved Margherita pizza. . . 

Please note that I have several gigantic bites crammed in my mouth in this picture. I just couldn't pick it up to take this picture without shoving some more into my face. So good!

And now I plan to make up my bed all cozy and such and watch netflix until my eyeballs fall out.

Cheers!

1 comment: