Thursday, September 27, 2012

Today I lost 70 Pounds

Of British money, that is. I went grocery shopping at my new favorite store, Waitrose, on my new favorite street, Marylebone High Street, and found my new favorite book shop, Daunt Books.

First, Waitrose. I loaded up on the essentials, such as Multigrain Cheerios (Bear's favorite!), Oreos, bread, fruit juice, strawberries, and chocolate chip cookie mix (Note to self: Never grocery shop when you're hungry). Now that I reflect back on my purchases, there is no way I spent £30 there. But boy were those Oreos worth every penny.
Here is me with my beloved American delicacies (can you tell how excited I am?)

Then I popped into a local book shop to pick up J.K Rowling's new book, The Casual Vacancy, and a book called The Victorian City: Everyday Life in Dickens' London. I've yet to start The Casual Vacancy, but I have high hopes for it. Don't let me down, Jo!
My very own copy! 

 So intellectual

Can you see the Cheerios in the background?

I spent the rest of my evening talking about life and telling stories with my good friend Lauren. Turns out she's related to an ex-Yankee (Who knows Derek Jeter! Can you hear the wedding bells?). We planned our trip to Paris and had a good time while I ate an entire roll of Oreos (minus the two that Lauren had). Not one drop of guilt was felt.

Tomorrow brings the Jack the Ripper Tour with my study abroad group. I hope its not too scary because I was hoping to get some sleep this weekend while the sun was actually down. Expect a full report on it tomorrow (if I can stop crying for long enough to see the keyboard).

Until then,

Cheers, mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment