Friday, October 12, 2012

Embarrassing Pictures of Todays' Highlights

Today was a pretty chill day. I haven't been feeling well lately so I laid in bed and watched White Collar until about 4, when I finally managed to get my lazy behind out of bed and get dressed. I walked down Marylebone High Street towards Oxford Street where I was planning to meet Lauren. I was a few hours early so I did a little browsing in the Gap, Selfridges, and Waterstones (which is the UK equivalent of Barnes and Noble). I spent a good 45 minutes wandering around Waterstones before I decided what books to buy. 
Please note: books here are super expensive. They are usually listed as the same price as in the United States but in pounds instead of dollars which makes them way more expensive (1 pound equals about 1.50-1.70 US dollars). 
I went in with the intention of buying Stephen Colbert's new book America Again, but it must not be released here yet because I couldn't find it :(

So instead I bought:

This is a collection of the letters that John Lennon wrote (as if you couldn't tell that by the title). It includes pictures and images of the actual letters as well as a transcription of the words (because his penmanship wasn't that great).
Anyone who knows me will know my love for the Beatles and John Lennon in particular. So I am very, very excited to read this book.


My other two book purchases were of the popular fiction variety: The Night Circus and The Game of Thrones. I have been doing so much non-fiction reading for class (which I love, don't get me wrong), but sometimes the mind just needs some fictitious story lines to get away from the seriousness that is Britain during the Great Depression. 

I've got mail!!
I got three outstanding items came in the mail today. From left to right:
Oyster card: the London tube card for students, sort of like a U Pass, but not as awesome.
iphone: I left this baby at our hotel in Wales and I got it back!!! I missed it (aka instagram) so much.
POSTCARD FROM LAUREN: my bestest friend from school sent me the cutest postcard ever. I almost started crying in the lobby once I realized what it was. I love her so much and miss her and all my other lovely Alpha Xi Delta sisters so much! It really made my day to receive this from her. So, thank you, Lo!!

Alas, this brings us to the end of today's adventures. I could have spent all day in that bookstore (also, Selfridges has a pretty awesome collection of books that I spent a lot of time in as well). This weekend I plan to read until my eyeballs fall out of my skull. Not much else is planned for this weekend, but watch out because I'm sure we will find some sort of shenanigans to get into. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment